Should You Sell Your Home Yourself or Let Us Help?
When an owner attempts to sell his own property, we refer to it as For Sale By Owner or FSBO for short. Before you decide to sell your property yourself, please take these things into consideration.
- Realtors have access to sales history and listing data to ensure the accuracy of comparable properties used to price your home.
- Realtors offer pricing strategies based on professional judgment and current market data.
- Realtors can provide marketing power that reaches a multitude of potential buyers.
- Realtors can provide a Net Sheet showing your estimated closing costs and proceeds at closing.
- Realtors schedule showing appointments with you and accompany the buyer. If you sell your house on your own, your safety is at risk by inviting strangers into your home.
- Realtors can screen potential buyers to determine whether they are viable and can afford to purchase your home.
- Realtors will provide guidance and support throughout the entire selling process from the initial agreement to the final documents.
- Realtors have access to forms and contracts that are legal binding agreements within the state. Writing a contract on your own can be risky.
- When you sell a home on your own, you may eliminate the Realtor’s commission, but is it really worth the risk, time and effort? Our commission typically is between 2-6% of the selling price, depending on whether there are two Brokerages involved or just one.
What To Look For In An Agent
- Education. The most important factor in choosing a real estate professional is their education in the real estate industry. We have advanced training and participate in continuing education, allowing us to be among the top agents in the area.
- Experience and Expertise. You want a full-time agent who is familiar with your area and with the type of property you intend to sell. We have years of experience in the area selling homes similar to yours.
- Availability and Commitment. Your agent should be responsive and available for even the simplest questions and on the weekends and evenings. We are available when you or potential buyers need us.
- Rapport. Does your agent take the time to listen to your goals and clarify your needs? Can your agent understand your unique situation and be genuinely concerned about the outcome of the process? Your listing agent will be your guide and partner in this crucial decision, so it is important to find one with whom you can get along. We understand the importance of building trust and developing a good rapport with our customers. Our customer base of repeat customers and referrals is evidence of this. With us, you are free to cancel your listing agreement at any time. This is not the case with other local brokerages.